This class will earn 14 Professional Development hours that can be used towards meeting your PMI and IIBA certifications. This is an instructor-led interactive class.
This 2-day course is appropriate for anyone that needs to learn how to plan and estimate their Business Analysis efforts to support high-quality Business Analysis work. Participants will learn and practice scoping the solution, identifying and analyzing stakeholders, estimating the Business Analysis work to be done.
Internationally Endorsed and Aligned with Best Practices
Bob the BA is an IIA Endorsed Education Provider. All courses are aligned with the BABOK 3.0. Earn PDU / CDUs for both IIBA and PMI certification or recertification.
Public Course Instructor - Jennifer Battan, the Out of the Box BA, has an energetic passion injecting innovation and creative problem-solving techniques into how BAs do their day to day work. Her passion is helping teams apply the art and science of business analysis techniques with fresh, modern perspectives. Jen is an internationally recognized conference speaker, educator and thought leader within the business analysis and creative problem-solving communities.
Our goal at Bob the BA is to help you think, learn and work differently so you can make an impact back on the job. If you always do what you have always done, you will end up right where you were before you were trained right? So at Bob the BA we take a different approach because we know we learn best by doing and not through lecture. Our courses are always hands-on, practicing through exercises, activities, facilitated discussions, case studies, role play, workshops, printed materials and presentations.
Who Should Take This Course?
Anyone that is interested in a career in Business Analysis, wants foundational training planning and estimating their Business Analysis work.
- Understand project vs. product (solution) scope
- Document product (solution) scope in support of planning and estimating your Business Analysis work
- Identify, analyze and manage stakeholders
- Understand common Business Analysis approaches
- Learn different approaches to estimating your Business Analysis work
- Learn to communicate and manage your requirements work plan
- Project vs. product (solution) scope
- Documenting product (solution) scope as the input to your planning efforts
- Key planning concepts for analyzing Business Analysis work
- Understanding gap analysis
- How to identify, analyze and manage stakeholders using various stakeholder analysis models (classic - RACI, Onion, and others to modern - empathy maps)
- Predictive (Waterfall, Incremental) and Adaptive (Agile) approaches to planning Business Analysis work
- How to plan the work and work the plan
- How to develop the approach to your plan
- Understanding complexity and impacts for your plan
- How to choose techniques for your plan
- How to choose activities and deliverables for your plan
- How to communicate your plan
- Understand various estimation techniques
- Review examples of requirements work plans
- Understand how the requirements work plan fits into the overall project plan
- Understand additional change management needs of the plan